Terms and Conditions
Wasserstrom respects the privacy of each website visitor. We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Statement outlines our procedures for collection and use of information. It also indicates how to verify the accuracy of and/or remove any personally identifiable information in our database.
For visitors to this website, please note that NO personal data (e.g. name, address, phone number, social security number, billing/shipping information, credit card information or email address) is collected without your consent.
Once submitted, your personally identifiable information may be stored for use in assessing client needs or for research in product and service improvements. You may be contacted with marketing, promotional or other materials, with responses to your comments or requests, or with correspondence related to processing/shipping your online orders
Wasserstrom will not release or sell your personally identifiable information to any outside organization for that organization's sole use without your consent. Your information may, however, be shared with agents or contractors of Wasserstrom in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform. Individually identifiable information submitted in connection with employment inquiries will be used only in the application process.The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Wasserstrom.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Wasserstrom.com.
- Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open emails from Wasserstrom.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please make this change in your account profile.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Does Wasserstrom.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to select groups of Wasserstrom.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please make this change in My Account.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy websites, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Wasserstrom.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Wasserstrom.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wasserstrom.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This does not, however, include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than above circumstances, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have the opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Always on the leading edge of today's technology, we employ powerful 128-bit encryption and Secure Socket Layers (SSL) in all areas where your personal identity is required. In addition, access to your personal information is restricted within our company to provide maximum security. Your account information and order history are kept safely behind our firewall and on separate servers, to prevent abuse by hackers, and all transaction information is processed through encrypted channels.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. The entire credit card number is transmitted solely to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computers' hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as remembering you.
What about Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Wasserstrom.com also displays targeted advertising based on personal information about users. Although Wasserstrom.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a targeted advertisement meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who like classical music).
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Wasserstrom.com features as your Profile or Wish Lists.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in your account profile. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please make the change in your account profile. If you do not want to receive other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Wasserstrom.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
Does Wasserstrom.com Participate in the Safe Harbor Program?
Wasserstrom.com is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Wasserstrom.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our conditions of use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Ohio. If you have any concern about privacy at Wasserstrom.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, so our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may email you periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third-parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, search term and search result information; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Wasserstrom.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications preferences, and address book); payment settings (including credit card information and check balances); email notification settings (including Order notifications, Shipping notifications, Deliveries, and newsletters); recommendations (including Recent Product view history, Prior Order History, and Favorites); shopping lists (including Wish Lists and Quick Order Guides); and your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests, and Recommendations).
Customer Testimonials and Commentary
We reserve the right to use and post any testimonials or comments submitted to us. By participating in surveys or reviews pertaining to Wasserstrom, product or services relating to Wasserstrom, the Submitter gives Wasserstrom permission to use his or her given name and remarks for marketing purposes. Please note that participation in reviews and surveys is not mandatory. Please contact Wasserstrom to have testimonials or commentary removed from the Web site.